Warm nights that stay light longer than they should
The smell of sunscreen
Sure, all of these things make my heart happy when June comes rolling around, but my absolute FAVORITE thing about summer is that it's when I typically start a new book...and this summer is no exception. I'm outlining a new story as we speak, and it is SO exciting! Not only because of the creative rush that comes from meeting new characters and discovering their worlds, but because this book is for adults. *gulps* Yes, that's right, I've decided to take a stab at a Rom/Com book aimed at the old folks in my era. (80's babies, you're going to love me) It's an idea I've been toying with for about the last seven years and I think I'm finally ready to see what can come of it.
Of course I still love writing YA, and am working my little arse off to get some action going with my latest MS, but for now I think my muse needs a break from the intense and emotionally-wrenching and instead needs a little more snark, swoons, and raw-edged comedy in his life. So, that's the plan. Wish me luck, guys. I'll be back soon with details...
BTW, all those buttons over there --> the ones with the catchy PhotoBucket threats on them, are still active, they just want me to pay for the cute little images I used before...and I won't do that. At some point I'll revamp this page, but until then, we shall make do.
If you've been around my blog for a while, you know that I don't get mad very easily. I do, however, get annoyed very quickly...and very often.
Normally the little annoyances bug me for a minute or two, and then I move on to the next one. (And believe me, there's always a next one). But sometimes (generally in 28 day intervals...ahem) my brain and body are overtaken by the forces of the darkest evil, and the annoyances burble up inside of me, and I have NO CHOICE but to let them fly...
So, slap on your protective eye wear and rubber boots, Fan Club, because here comes a rant...
Things that annoyed the living sh*t out of me in the last 24 hours:
1. Dogs who lick frosting off the corner of the birthday cake while you're still cutting it
2. When you've just made a margarita and realize you never bought limes
3. People who take the clean clothes out of the dryer but just leave them in the laundry basket without folding them.
4. People who say they're going to email and then don't.
5. Blaine over Duckie. Seriously... WHO WOULD EVER CHOOSE BLAINE OVER DUCKIE
(this is a long-time annoyance, obviously)
6. Neighbors' dogs who bark at the wind. and the clouds. and the sun.
7. $3 for a gallon of gas, again
8. Forgetting to bring my own bag to the grocery store
9. Paying $.10 for a bag at the grocery store
10. self checkout lanes
11. People who abandon their grocery carts in the parking lot
12. crows. because...CAW. CAW. CAW.
13. Only three seasons of The Great British Baking Show on Netflix
14. Sinus headaches
15. Crappy wi-fi
16. tight jeans
17. drivers who don't use their blinkers.
18. whiny kids (seriously, get a blog and complain about it there. Mom's sick of hearing it)
19. mosquito hawks that are suddenly evuuuuurwhere
20. socks with a hole in the toe...
I'll be back in a couple of days when my hormones have settled down and I no longer want to punch the world in the face. Until then, rainbow kisses and unicorn hugs for all.