Sunday, February 21, 2010

A little itch...

After plugging away on Stalking Peggy Flemming for almost two years (formerly Saving Peggy Flemming), I have allowed the world to do what it will with her while I begin on a new project...and I'm really excited about it!

The 20 Year Itch is the story of 3 former High School BFF's who reunite just before their 20th high school reunion. I cannot begin to tell you how much fun I'm having with this story! The characters are bits and pieces of me, my sisters and closest friends and their experiences are nothing short of...REAL LIFE.

My mother, God bless her, read the first chapter and said, "I absolutely love it, and I definitely cannot show it to the women at church." Well...yes, that is true. For a brief moment I thought perhaps I needed to reign in these characters and their foul mouths and questionable behaviors a bit to reflect my personal beliefs as a Christian. That said...the characters are not allowing me to do that. So, because these women are so eager to tell their story, I'm allowing myself the freedom to be the vessel by which these voices are heard (Oh heavens...that sounds awfully mystical, doesn't it?) - I am trusting that honoring them and the process is honoring my talents, which, in the long run, honors God. And hang on...BOOM! Down from the pulpit I come.

That's all the updates for now. Oh, and I finished what there is of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward. She's the queen of analogy...LOVE THEM ALL! (V the most though)

Stay tuned for more developments, God willing, with Peggy Flemming and progress on the 20 Year Itch!