Saturday, October 13, 2012

BOO! It's coming...



Something magical seems to happen around this time every year. The days get shorter, the air  a tad cooler, and the excitement of the upcoming holiday season, along with our favorite traditions, is just within reach.

While we're still enjoying our desert-fall weather out here in So. Cal (75 most days), I'm all about horror movies and pumpkins, spicy-scented things and nesting right now. Today while groSSery shopping, I will pick up some of those yummy cinnamon scented pine cones so my house will smell delicious all season, and tomorrow I'm going to make chicken noodle soup in the crock pot. (Yes, yes. Rookie cooks a couple times a year. Don't get your panties in a twist.) I have lots of favorites this time of year: Oktoberfest beers, a slab of pumpkin pie, or perhaps a gravestone on my front lawn, but one of my all-time favorites is this:


There's something about the Peanuts Gang that assures me good times are just around the corner. 

So, what are your favorite holiday traditions??