Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Um...what just happened?!

Fan Club, you've caught me in a rare state of speechlessness.

Cause...um...

What the heck happened to 2014?!

confused photo:  tumblr_laueezfXDF1qcx4kr.gif 

Perhaps it's my age catching up with me, (Somebody's turning 40 in June. *coughs* *hacks* *jams a knife into her chest before the fateful event actually happens*) but if not for the continuous Macy's year-end interruptions commercials I'd swear that it was still March!


WHERE. DOES. THE. TIME. GO?
 
 
Thing is, when I actually stop long enough to reflect 
on what's gone down in my world, 
I have to admit that Carson Daily has shown up right on time.

In the last twelve months I have:

Signed my first book,
sent a kid off to sixth grade,
cried sad tears with my best friend,
drank beers with my editor,
met amazing, talented people,
toughed out some ugly reviews,
visited my main character's actual home,
wrote a new book,
embarked on lifelong friendships,
cried happy tears with my best friend,
read insanely good books,
danced with Mickey Mouse,
edited an old book,
written terrible blog posts,
become addicted to PhotoBucket,
prayed. A lot.
Traveled with six of my soul mates,
 said incredibly stupid things at the wrong time,
bruised my tailbone on a children's toy,
laughed until I cried, 
eaten pounds of guacamole,
cried until I laughed,
swallowed my pride,
learned that no one will ever love my books as much as I do,
watched a lot of TV,
worried about things that are out of my control,
sought wisdom,
indulged in my family, 
judged unfairly,
sang out of key. Loudly. 
Become a fan of #hashtags,
grown to despise Tumblr, 
hugged hard,
counted the colors in a sunset...
and a sunrise.
 Learned to trust more,
enjoyed champagne on a school night,
and most of all, 
marveled at the generosity of others.



Huh...No wonder I'm so tired.
2014 was an exciting, stressful, thrilling, terrifying, 
humbling, frustrating and amazing year.

Thanks for sharing it with me.