Monday, December 28, 2009

INAUGURAL POST...and it's not even January

In an effort to document things in my life, because it is that exciting, I've started this blog. I can't tell you how often I'm going to blog, I'm busy and...well, nothing interesting may happen in my life. (who wants to read about my thoughts on the latest Bachelor? It's going to be Jake...I can hardly wait for the impending train wreck!) What I can promise you is that my blog will be truthful, honest and genuine...just like me. No fluff, no primping. If you're still interested - keep reading. If not, check out http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/ . They have some of the most entertaining television reviews I've ever seen.

(For those of you still tuned to my show, please continue)

Mostly, I will blog about being an author. And yes, I am calling myself an author because I have completed my first novel and am now weeding through the b.s., and excessive adjectives, that are my second novel; hoping to polish it into something beautiful, or at the very least, entertaining.

Currently, I'm looking for representation (and patience). I've learned that finding an agent, as a no-named author, is a lot like having toddlers. While you are desperate for them to put their poopies in the potty, you cannot make them do it. That's not to say that literary agents are like poop, though I'm sure some would beg to differ, but you cannot will something to happen. When the time is right, and your child is sick of running around in stinky diapers, they will poop in the toilet.

So, until my toddler (agent) tells me she'd like to be a big girl and get a sticker on her hand (sign me) I will pray, and wait, and ... write.