Sunday, August 16, 2015

BADASS AUTHOR, LORI M. LEE


Lori M. Lee is the author of Gates of Thread and Stone and The Infinite. She has a borderline obsessive fascination with unicorns, is fond of talking in capslock, and loves to write about magic, manipulation, and family. She lives in Wisconsin with her husband, kids, and a friendly pitbull. 

Now, let's get to know this badass a little better...

What is your favorite word?
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. Just kidding. Kind of. I don’t actually have a favorite word. Even when I try, I’m just incapable of narrowing any aspect of myself into a single representational object/thing. Well, and I’m the most indecisive person in the wooooorld. I’m that person who takes two hours at the grocery store because I have to mull over whether I need almost every item in my cart. So to pick a favorite WORD? Amidst a million?! (And that’s just the English language.)

As you can see, I’m also gifted with turning one word answers into whole essays.

What is your least favorite word?
See above.

What sound or noise do you love?
Silence. At least when I’m writing. When I’m not writing, I love hearing my 2yo laugh.
  
What sound or noise do you hate?
Fireworks at midnight across the street from my house which results in debris littering my yard in the morning and an extremely unhappy Lori. That was perhaps too specific. Also: SpongeBob.
  
What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
Paleontologist because dinosaurs are freaking awesome. Or librarian because I think I’d rock at that.
 
What profession would you not like to do?
I probably should not be a professional football player. That wouldn’t be pretty.

What is your favorite color Popsicle?
Rainbow.

Sprinklers or Slip N Slide?
Sprinklers. I walk on the wild side.

Favorite John Hughes Movie?
I think I’m supposed to say The Breakfast Club, but I’ve never actually made it through one entire viewing of the film (I’ve probably seen the whole thing, just in various chunks over the years). I’m not actually a huge fan of his films. Although I remember liking Home Alone as a kid.

Last song you listened to?
Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift.

What book do you wish you would have written because it’s just that good?
American Gods by Neil Gaiman. That book. OMG THAT BOOK.

In one sentence or less, what does every aspiring-author need to know?
Read, read, read, read, read, and read.


Okay, Lori came dangerously close to not being a badass with that John Hughes answer *coughs* but her favorite word question made up for it so...yeah, she's a badass.

Now, here's a peek at GATES OF THREAD AND STONE that you can find in the AGAINST THE ODDS prize pack:

Click here for a full list of prize packs

In the Labyrinth, we had a saying: keep silent, keep still, keep safe.

In a city of walls and secrets, where only one man is supposed to possess magic, seventeen-year-old Kai struggles to keep hidden her own secret—she can manipulate the threads of time. When Kai was eight, she was found by Reev on the riverbank, and her “brother” has taken care of her ever since. Kai doesn’t know where her ability comes from—or where she came from. All that matters is that she and Reev stay together, and maybe one day move out of the freight container they call home, away from the metal walls of the Labyrinth. Kai’s only friend is Avan, the shopkeeper’s son with the scandalous reputation that both frightens and intrigues her.

Then Reev disappears. When keeping silent and safe means losing him forever, Kai vows to do whatever it takes to find him. She will leave the only home she’s ever known and risk getting caught up in a revolution centuries in the making. But to save Reev, Kai must unravel the threads of her past and face shocking truths about her brother, her friendship with Avan, and her unique power.

Lori loves stalkers, so make sure you track her down on her website, Twitter, or Facebook, and be sure to add her books to your Goodreads list. 

Now, ENTER THE GIVEAWAY!!


*Many thanks to James Lipton for letting me steal sharing his awesome interview questions*