Monday, August 24, 2015

BADASS AUTHOR, SARA B. LARSON



Sara B. Larson is the author of the acclaimed YA fantasy DEFY, and the sequels IGNITE and the forthcoming ENDURE. She can’t remember a time when she didn’t write books—although she now uses a computer instead of a Little Mermaid notebook. Sara lives in Utah with her husband and their three children. She writes in brief snippets throughout the day (while mourning the demise of naptime) and the quiet hours when most people are sleeping. Her husband claims she should have a degree in “the art of multitasking.” When she’s not mothering or writing, you can often find her at the gym repenting for her sugar addiction. 

Now, let's get to know this badass...
What is your favorite word? 
 I hate picking favorites, I kind of suck at it. But the first word that popped into my head was incandescent. That’s a lovely, fun word, so let’s go with that. Unless we want to be sentimental and then I’ll go with “family.”

What is your least favorite word?
I’m not really sure I can use it in a public forum, so let’s just go with “moist.”
  
What sound or noise do you love?
I love a lot of sounds, but one that might be kind of unique to me is the dryer. I honestly love putting a load in right before bed and turning the dryer on. It’s such a soothing sound to go to sleep to.
What sound or noise do you hate?  I can’t handle the sound of napkins tearing. It’s like nails on a chalkboard.


What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
Hmmm, in fantasy-land I think it would be fun to trying acting again (Broadway musical like Phantom of the Opera or Wicked) or in a movie with Chris Hemsworth as the male lead (I mean, as long as we’re dreaming let’s dream big). But in reality, growing up, other than being an author, I always wanted to be a doctor and volunteer in Africa.

What profession would you not like to do?
Pretty much anything featured on “Dirty Jobs.”

What is your favorite color Popsicle?
Red, unless we’re allowed to branch out to Orange Dreamsicles.

Sprinklers or Slip N Slide?
Slip N Slide!

Favorite John Hughes Movie?
Remember how I suck at picking favorites? Oh man, I just don’t know how to pick only one! I mean, the Home Alone and Beethoven movies were pretty much on repeat in my house growing up…but Ferris Bueller’s Day Off and Sixteen Candles are probably my top faves.

Last song you listened to?
Smoke And Mirrors – Imagine Dragons

What book do you wish you would have written because it’s just that good?
It might be clichéd, but I wish I had written Harry Potter. I just love those books SO much, I think they’re brilliant.
In one sentence or less, what does every aspiring-author need to know?
If you never, never give up, you will succeed.

Yup, BAD.ASS!

Now, here's a peek at DEFY that's included in the AGAINST THE ODDS prize pack:

Click here for a full list of prize packs
Alexa Hollen is a fighter. Forced to disguise herself as a boy and serve in the king's army, Alex uses her quick wit and fierce sword-fighting skills to earn a spot on the elite prince's guard. But when a powerful sorcerer sneaks into the palace in the dead of night, even Alex, who is virtually unbeatable, can't prevent him from abducting her, her fellow guard and friend Rylan, and Prince Damian, taking them through the treacherous wilds of the jungle and deep into enemy territory.

The longer Alex is held captive with both Rylan and the prince, the more she realizes that she is not the only one who has been keeping dangerous secrets. And suddenly, after her own secret is revealed, Alex finds herself confronted with two men vying for her heart: the safe and steady Rylan, who has always cared for her, and the dark, intriguing Damian. With hidden foes lurking around every corner, is Alex strong enough to save herself and the kingdom she's sworn to protect?
 

Sara loves hanging out with readers, so be sure and track her down on her website, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr or Facebook. And be sure to add her books to your Goodreads list!

Now, ENTER THE GIVEAWAY!




*Many thanks to James Lipton for letting me steal sharing his awesome interview questions*