Tuesday, April 5, 2011

THE IDEA MACHINE


"My ideas usually come not at my desk but in the midst of living." -Anais Nin

I have a lot of hair. A LOT. It's blond, and curly, and really, really big. (If Julia Roberts in PRETTY WOMAN and Sammy Hagar had a baby--it'd be me)

Anyway, due to sheer follicle volume, I have developed a dangerously, co-dependent relationship with my hair dryer. The Revlon Ion Pro Stylist. (Available at Target for $20.99--5% discount with your red card!!) While a lot of women dread the mere thought of fifteen minutes of upside down, dry heat, arm-tiring activity at six o'clock in the morning, I actually look forward to it! It turns out I do my best thinking under 1875 watts of ear burning heat!

Don't get me wrong, some pretty crappy ideas are generated under the guidance of my hand-held electric god too, but all in all, I think I've discovered my personal idea machine.

So...what's yours?