Saturday, August 20, 2011

LOCKED IN THE WRITER'S CLOSET

Shh...Please don't tell anyone I'm in here.

This is my secret hideout and if too many people find out about it, I'm afraid they'll force me out. It's not that I don't like it out there, in the real world. The people are nice and the food is pretty tasty, but it's so much different in here.

In here I can really be myself.

I can talk to the voices in my head and nobody thinks I'm crazy. They think I'm inspired.

In here I'm encouraged to color outside the lines. In fact there aren't any lines in here. It's just me, a big empty page and a brand new box of crayons. (I love new crayons).

In here my big ambitions are met with excitement, not speculation.

In here a rejection doesn't mean failure, it means I'm one step closer to success.

In here all the nonsense in my head has a purpose. And it's a purpose I'm discovering more every time I step inside.

I know the day is coming when I'm going to have to 'out' myself to the rest of the world, but until then I'm going to stay out of sight, answering only to those who know the secret password.